Vegan Herbal Coquito Recipe
- 2 tablespoons of dried Motherwort
- 1/4 cup of Golden Raisins
- 1/4 cup coconut or cane sugar
- 1 can Full fat Coconut (simmered for 30 mins on low with the 1/4 coconut or cane sugar, Motherwort and Raisins and then strained)
- 1 can (13.5 oz) Cream of Coconut
- 1 can (13.5 oz) Canned Coconut Milk
- 1 cup Oat Milk
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- ½ teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1 cup Dark Rum or Spiced Rum
Blend all the ingredients sweetened condensed coconut milk, cream of coconut, coconut milk, Oat milk, rum, vanilla extract, and spices and blend on high speed until smooth - about 1 - 2 minutes.
Chill the cocktail and glasses in the fridge in a sealed glass bottle or jug, for at least 4 hours or overnight.
Shake or stir before pouring into chilled glasses. Adjust consistency by adding up to four tablespoons of Oat Milk to mixture to thin out if it's too thick.
Serve in a glass with a stick of cinnamon and a pinch of ground cinnamon.