Kava Tulsi Rose Latte Recipe & Pre-Mediation Exercise
Preparing your Latte:
- Take a large handful of dried Tulsi Basil Leaves, 4 Tablespoons of dried Kava Root and put them into a nut bag.
- Pour 3.5 cups of oat milk in a pan.
- Place nut bag in the pan and bring to a low boil. Let simmer for 5 mins.
- Remove pan from heat and allow herb mixture to steep in bag inside pan for another 15 mins.
- Wring out the bag with herbs into a blender and pour out remaining liquid from the pan into the blender as well.
- Blend on high until mixture begins to develop a frothy top layer.
- Carefully pour out the latte and then gently add a sprinkle of rose powder and a few roses to the foam.
Now, it's time to find your comfortable location in your home to mediate. Choose a quiet, uncluttered space.
Hold your mug in both hands and feel the warmth spread from your hands throughout your body. Slowly smell the latte with your eyes closed. Take in the beautiful scents and take your time and see what you observe or notice as your latte cools. After about a minute or two, taste your latte mindfully and with intention. Allow yourself slow sips and begin to really feel where the tulsi, kava, and rose mix begins to move throughout your body. Take notice of how this tea makes you feel and what parts of your body begin to relax first.
After finishing some (or all) of your latte, sit comfortably and quietly in meditation for as long as you like.